Published On: November 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm 0 Comments admin
21st century is all about ‘electronic revolution’ and new technology is gripping the world. As new technology is taking over, the old technologies are getting into dust; being dumped, and some being thrown away.
The dumping of lot of electronic goods are piling up, and ending up as e – scrap or e – waste. The waste will slowly become a menace to be tackled or controlled. So, we should be aware of waste management. In today’s world e – waste is bigger problem than other garbage’s or pile of scraps.
Electronic Waste Management in India is urging manufacturers and e – commerce platform to go for exchange program for electronic goods. That is the best way to tackle the increasing e – waste, and also to go green or believe in recycling. Exchange program by big companies or e – commerce platform always promotes the recycling of old or damaged or outdated versions of electronics.
19 Insights into E – Waste Management and Risks:
- Every year ‘US’ dump 400 million tons electronic items
- The 400 million tons of electronic items consist of one million tons of e – waste
- The landfills to dump e – waste has increased to level, that there is shortage of space for dumping of e – scrap
- Therefore, all the e – waste is being transported to countries like ‘China’
- China is one country where proper regulation of dumping is not followed for e – waste
- As a result the residents of the ‘Chinese’ territories are suffering from severe health issues
- It is also observed by human right groups that the local residents are showing signs of high amount of lead presence in their blood samples
- It is not at all wise to destroy human civilization of one region or nation to promote the well – being of another nation
- So, e – waste dismantling should be done in a process and controlled manner
- E – waste recycling Mumbai or Bangalore in India are much more technologically advanced, available in cheap labor cost, and are automated process where lead leakage or poisoning is eliminated
- The electronic products often consist of lead or mercury; and they can always leak into the land or water
- With time the chemicals present in electronics product will release in atmosphere, which have impact on environment and communities
- Recycling of old electronics often helps in collecting or recovering metals of high value
- The metals are often gold, copper, zinc, aluminum, silver, and alloys, which are recovered from electronic goods
- The recycling of old electronics often help in reducing the cost of new electronic products
- The recycling process also is helpful in saving energy, reducing pollution, reducing greenhouse effect, and effectively using resources by consuming less for production
- The donation of e – products to people in need or simply in friends or relatives or communities can prevent the e – waste from entering into landfills
- Thus, landfills will be saved, and so is earth from being polluted
- The e – waste land pollution is considered to be worst kind of pollution
In our next edition we will talk about how to protect your surroundings from e – waste.
computer waste recycling,
electronic waste management in India,
electronic waste recycling,
where to recycle old electronics,